To survive in this world, we all need genuine relationships. Such relationships have trust, honesty, respect, and care sewn into them. Unfortunately, there are many tricksters present in society. Whenever I have mistakenly let them in my life, they have brought me nothing but pain.
Fake people are the ones who pretend to be well-wishers of others while they only manipulate and use other people. They only maintain relationships for their benefit. They are like parasites who suck the soul out of the next person to thrive.
Most people don’t possess the ability to pick out such emotionally manipulative individuals. Have you ever had someone in your life who cheers you on to your face but talks badly behind your back? Do you give your all for an individual, but they vanish when it is time for them to return the favour? All of these are signs that they are fake through and through.
In this article
Fake Friends Quotes
Friendships are the essence of an individual’s soul. They are supposed to sustain you through the good and bad times. Sadly, I have seen numerous people have the misfortune to come across fake friends. The quotes below will tell you how fake friends act and how these friendships look.
1. Pay close attention to those that don’t clap when you win.
2. They’re not happy for you because they wish it were them.
3. Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour.– Khalil Gibran
4. Don’t fear the enemies who attack you, fear the fake friends that hug you.
― Michael Bassey Johnson
5. “Buy a gift for a dog, and you’ll be amazed at the way it will dance and swerve its tail, but if don’t have anything to offer to it, it won’t even recognize your arrival; such are the attributes of fake friends.”
6. “This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.”― Sophie Kinsella, Shopaholic Ties the Knot
7. Fake friends are autumn leaves; they are scattered everywhere.
8. “A genuine enemy is more useful than a fake friend.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
9. Not everybody’s your friend. Just because they’re hanging around and laughing with you doesn’t mean they’re friends of yours. People pretend to be good. At the end of the day, real situations expose false people, so be careful.
10. “Trolls and haters are only distractions from your greater purpose. When you achieve your goals and success, not only will the trolls and haters be forgotten, but they will definitely be looked upon as the biggest fools.”– Kaitlin Gow
11. “Fire false friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you’ve planted. The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer.”– Israelmore Ayivor
12. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.”– Kemmy Nola
13. “Always be careful of your friend who loves your enemy; you either trust such a fellow for your life or for your death!”― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
14. “You should be aware of fake friends because it is the hardest to be aware of.”― Eraldo Banovac
15. Fake people are like soap bubbles. They pop out when the sun shines brightly.– Chiranjude Bird
16. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.”– Chris Jammi
17. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.”― Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the Dream
18. They never text you back, but then you see them on Instagram.
19. They ignore you now, but they need you later.
20. “Make sure the lions you roll with aren’t snakes in disguise.”– Genereux Philip
21. “Eliminate those fake friends who seem real when you have something and disappear when you have nothing.”– Rashida Rowe
Quotes for Fake Relationship
The people who I have witnessed being in fake relationships have had their hearts broken. It made them wary of trusting new people. No matter the nature of the relationship, ingenuity can be deadly. I have listed a few quotes below to help you identify what such relationships look like:
1. When they see you’re doing better without them, that’s when they want you back.
2. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.”– Michael Bassey Johnson
3. “Just as the unwanted pregnancy, there are unwanted people in your life you should strive to abort, and such abortion is not sin, nor harm, but the eradication of a destructive fetus.”– Michael Bassey Johnson
4. “Don’t ever let someone tell you the value you don’t have, in order to be in someone’s life. That is often the value they feel you have, not that person.”― Shannon L. Alder
5. “With success comes the never-ending task of blocking or weeding out fake friends.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
6. “You’ll be surrounded by many so-called well-wishers during your good times but there’ll be only a few ones around you in your bad times.”– Anurag Prakash Ray
7. Certain people and their toxic energy can block you from expanding, elevating, and vibrating higher. Detach and protect your energy.
8. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them…they always say the problem is someone else.”– Darlene Quimet
9. “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.”– Ismail Haniyeh
10. “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.”― Malcolm X
11. “Money and power attract friends. But it’s not you they’re friends with – just your money and power. Only affection brings genuine friends.”― Auliq-Ice
12. Fake people hate honesty. It’s the lies that keep them feeling good about themselves and their lives. So share your true feelings about their actions and watch how they fade away.
13. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”– Alice Walker
14. “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for ends up being behind the gun.”– Tupac
15. “People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but they will always show you. Pay attention.”– Keri Hilson
16. “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.”― George R.R. Martin
Heart-Wrenching Fake People Quotes
How often have people broken your heart when you found out that they weren’t who they said they were? It has happened too many times to me. Understanding your pain, I dredged up some quotes that you will relate to.
1. They don’t miss you when you’re gone. They miss you when you move on.
2. Some people were only friends because you saw them five times a week.
3. “Fake friends get mad when we don’t pretend to like them.”– Carlos Wallace
4. They stab you and pretend they are the ones bleeding.
5. “What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my “friends” had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain.”― Jodee Blanco, Please Stop Laughing at Me… One Woman’s Inspirational Story
6. “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are every where around you. they will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper .”― Shizra
7. “Not all toxic people are cruel and uncaring. Some of them love us dearly. Many of them have good intentions. Most are toxic to our being simply because…they aren’t inherently bad people, but they aren’t the right people for us. And as hard as it is, we have to let them go.”– Daniell Koepke
8. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.”― Heather Brewer
9. “You can’t always go by actions because some people will ACT like they love you just to get what they want from you.”– Sonya Parker
10. It is true that one friend who used to mean the world to you and now you can’t trust a single word that comes out of their mouth because they betrayed you.
11. “We fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back.”– Jacob Friday
12. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.”– Lauren Conrad
13. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”― Mineko Iwasaki
14. People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the WRONG people is the loneliest thing in the world.
15. “Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get.”– Riza Prasetyaningsih
16. Sometimes, it is a good thing to have fake people in this world. It helps you find out who your REAL friends are.
17. “You got nothing to lose. You don’t lose when you lose fake friends.”– Joan Jett
18. People these days are too fake. They say “I’m always here for you!” Oh, please! Give me a break.
19. Fake people talk about other people being Fake. Real people worry about their business and nobody else’s.
20. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it.”– Nicole Richie
Tired of Fake People Quotes
Interactions with fake people not only bring about heartache but also exhaustion. When your luck is not with you and you only encounter frauds, it drains your energy. Such people are often experts at taking away your peace and happiness. If you are tired of the fake people in your life, browse the quotes below:
1. “Stay away from lazy parasites, who perch on you just to satisfy their needs, they do not come to alleviate your burdens, hence, their mission is to distract, detract and extract, and make you live in abject poverty.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
2. “If you are not going to be a comfort, have the decency to be an empty space.”― Jennifer Crusie, Bet Me
3. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.”– The Buddha
4. “I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions, or unnecessary conversations.”– Joquesse Eugenia
5. I’d rather have an enemy who says that they hate me than to keep a “FRIEND” whose mission is to put me down secretly.
6. It’s funny how you’re nice to my face. It’s hilarious how you talk bad behind my back. And it’s downright comical that you think I’m unaware.
7. “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.”– Mandy Hale
8. “Don’t listen to the malicious comments of those friends who, never taking any risks themselves, can only see other people’s failures.”– Paulo Coelho
9. “If a friend talks behind the backs of others to you, then you can be guaranteed that they will talk about you behind your back. They are not a real friend!”– Kate Summers
10. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.”– Chinonye J. Chudolue
11. “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.”― Christine Feehan
Attitude Quotes for Fake Friends
The attitude displayed by people who are mostly plastic is shocking. They consider themselves to be superior to others; hence they manipulate them. All of it can genuinely harm the feelings and personalities of the victims.
1. “Most people want to see you do better, but not doing better than them.”– London Mond
2. “It may…be judged indecent in me to come forward on this occasion; but when I see a fellow-creature about to perish through the cowardice of her pretended friends, I wish to be allowed to speak, that I may say what I know of her character.”― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
3. “Sometimes your dearest friend whom you reveal most of your secrets to becomes so deadly and unfriendly without knowing that they were not really your friend.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
4. “There’s no fall greater than one from a burnt bridge.”― Carlos Wallace, Life Is Not Complicated-You Are: Turning Your Biggest Disappointments into Your Greatest Blessings
5. “One of the main roles of our financial problems is to weed out our fake friends.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
6. “I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around.”– Mitchell Perry
7. “Before you count your friends, make sure you can count on them. Some friends are only around when they want something from you but are never there when you need something from them.”– Rashida Rowe
8. “If people are hating on you it’s often because they are threatened by you, jealous of you, or feeling like you’re above them so they put you down to feel better about themselves. The greatest people have haters for a reason, so take it as a compliment.”― Jeanette Coron
9. “It takes a special kind of person to be a hater, but only a true loser will give the impression of being your friend while resenting every progress/success in your life.”― Cory Stallworth
10. “There are seven things negative people will do to you. They will demean your value, destroy your image, drive you crazy, dispose your dreams, discredit your imagination, deframe your abilities, and disbelieve your opinions”– Israelmore Ayivor
True Friends Vs. Fake Friends Quotes
If you want to know who the fake person in your life is, compare them with the real friends in your life.
1. Unlike fake friends, true friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but they are always there.
2. True friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but they are always there.
3. Friends are supposed to cheer you up when you cry, not the reason why you cry.
4. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”– Martin Luther King Jr.
5. Fake friends are around you when they think you are cool. True friends are around you even when they think you are a fool.
6. Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.
7. “Share your weaknesses. Share your hard moments. Share your real side. It’ll either scare away every fake person in your life or it will inspire them to finally let go of that mirage called “perfection,” which will open the doors to the most important relationships you’ll ever be a part of.”― Dan Pearce
8. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour. True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.”― Habeeb Akande
9. “The word “friend” is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it.”― Carlos Wallace, The Other 99 T.Y.M.E.S: Train Your Mind to Enjoy Serenity
10. “Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for.”― Mohit Kaushik |Yenugwar|
11. A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. While a fake friend hinders your growth.
12. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.”– Richard Burton
13. “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.”– Mandy Hale
14. “Chocolate friends may not last any longer than fake ones, but they sure as hell taste better.”– Kevin Brooks
15. A true friend cares about what’s going on in your life. A fake friend will make their problems sound bigger. Be a true friend.
16. “It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, can never know what true friendship means.”– Charles Kingsley
17. True friends are always there when you need them. False friends are only there when they need you.
18. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”– Oprah Winfrey
19. “It makes such a difference to go through life with a kind friend on the inside rather than a critic who is telling us how we’re messing up.”– Kim Fredrickson
20. True friends are like diamonds, precious but rare. Fake friends are like fall leaves, found everywhere.
21. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.”– Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
22. Fake people are only nice when it’s convenient for them or they usually have a hidden agenda. Genuinely nice people go out of their way to help others and they have an honest heart. Stick with the ones who never let you down and keep their promises. You can’t fake that.
I urge you to take the time and identify the fake people in your life. Cut them off, and you will notice a sudden drastic improvement in the quality of your life. A genuine and warm person like you only deserves the good things in life. If you have any more quotes or sayings to add to my list, comment away.