Goodbyes are never easy. They might be temporary or permanent, and it doesn’t matter. The worst realization of goodbye is that you never know if you’ll see the person again or not. Anything can happen between that time. If it’s someone important to you, either your directions in life can change, or even worse, they might leave the world entirely.
The worst form of goodbyes is with a lover. It does not matter if they are just moving away for a while or if your relationship is about to end. The latter is obviously worse, but the thought of not being able to see your lover even for a day is painful and heartbreaking. When it comes to a breakup, the biggest heartache comes from the thought of all the things you had planned and never reaching their conclusion. Moreover, the thought of “what it could have been if things were different” hits even worse.
If you want to say goodbye to your boyfriend and don’t have the words for it, here are some messages that I have compiled that will help you. The compilation includes all kinds of goodbyes.
Goodbye Messages for Boyfriend
Here are some messages for your boyfriend if he’s going away for a while.
- I know we are going to see each other soon, but living each day without you is a dagger in my heart. I will wait for you anxiously and count each passing day till you return.
- You are the best boyfriend anyone could ever wish for, and this is why you must understand that even this temporary goodbye is hurting me a lot. I miss you, babe; come back soon, please.
- You might be busy, but I just wanted to tell you that I miss you more than anything in this world. I can’t wait for the day you return so we can continue our lovely journey from where we left off.
- I hate that you have to leave me, even if it is just for a few months. I am addicted to your presence, and I don’t think my withdrawal period is ever going to end. It will be the best day ever when I see you and fall into your arms again.
- No matter where you are in the world, I know that this distance has nothing on the love we have for each other. My love for you will go stronger each day till you return.
- I don’t know when I will be able to see you again, but I’m staying strong because I know that all this wait will be worth the love you give me when you return.
- Our love is not just physical. It’s full of emotions and care, and this is why I know I can get through this distance between us with ease. However, I will miss you a lot, babe. Take care and stay safe.
- Without you, everything seems so dark and gloomy. Come back soon, please, so you can light up my life again.
- I hate that you have to go to work so far away from me. I hate this plan of the universe, but I know that it is for the benefit of our future. This thought gives me peace, and I will keep it in my mind till I’m sleeping on your chest again.
- This time apart from you will pass by me without a problem because I will have all the beautiful memories you gave me before you left. Come back soon, my love.
Sad Goodbye Messages for Boyfriend
Breakups are hard, but sometimes you just have to let go, accept your fate and wish them luck in life.
- No matter what you do next or where you are in life, always remember that this girl right here will love you forever. If you ever choose to come back into my life, I will always have my arms open for you.
- Saying goodbye to you is really hard, but I love you too much not to respect your decision. I love you now and will love you forever. Goodbye!
- Even though we will no longer be together, I will not regret a single second I have spent with you. You taught me so much in life. You made me believe that love truly exists, even if it hurts too much when you lose it. You opened so many possibilities in my life.
- I thought we were going to grow grey and old together, but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. May the universe bless you with health and happiness no matter where you go.
- You might have left my life, but your memories never will. I will cherish every one of them.
- This goodbye thing is harder than I thought. I don’t know if I will ever see you again or if we’ll ever be together again, but I will love you more than I have loved anyone in this world, forever.
- I don’t know in which circumstances we will meet next. Whether it will be us getting back together or running into each other at someplace with our future lovers and children, always remember that I am rooting for success in your life.
- I know there is nothing I can do to stop you from leaving me, and maybe it is for the best. However, if I know that you are happy and healthy, it will always make me smile and be happy. I care about your happiness more than mine.
Goodbye Quotes for a Lover
Here are some goodbye quotes that might fit your situation.
1. “Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.”– Ritu Ghatourey
2. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”– A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
3. “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye until we meet again.”– Jimi Hendrix
4. “A man never knows how to say goodbye; a woman never knows when to say it.”– Helen Rowland
5. “I thought I was stronger than a word, but I just discovered that having to say goodbye to you is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.”– Colleen Hoover
6. “The pain of a hard good-bye is the heart’s tribute to the privilege to love.”– Beth Moore
7. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.”– Nicholas Sparks
8. “No more words. We know them all, all the words that should not be said. But you have made my world more perfect.”– Terry Pratchett
9. “You and I will meet again, When we’re least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won’t say goodbye my love, For you and I will meet again.”– Tom Petty
10. “We laughed until we had to cry, we loved right down to our last goodbye, we were the best.”– St. Elmo’s Fire
11. “May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”– Irish Blessing
12. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.”-Ernie Harwell
13. “Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We’ll take the best, forget the rest, and someday will find that these are the best of times.”-Styx
Goodbye Quotes for Him
Here are some famous quotes you can send to your boyfriend to express how you feel.
1. “The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.”-Moira Rogers
2. “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.”-Trey Parker
3. “I hate the feeling when you have to say goodbye to someone you want to spend every minute with.”-Unknown
4. “Goodbye is the hardest thing to say to someone who means the world to you, especially when goodbye isn’t what you want.”-Unknown
5. “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.”-George Eliot
6. “When I had to say goodbye to you, my love, it was like saying goodbye to my life.”-Unknown
7. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.”-Rumi
8. “You know it’s love when you have been saying goodbye for how many times but still you’re not ready to leave.”-Unknown
9. “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, Some sunny day.”-Vera Lynn (We’ll Meet Again)
10. “You’ve changed me forever. And I’ll never forget you.”-Kiera Cass
11. “Saying goodbye is the hardest solution of any problem. But sometimes it’s the only choice we have…”-Anurag Prakash Ray
12. “Even if we can’t be together in the end, I’m glad that you were a part of my life.”-Unknown
Goodbye Broken Heart Quotes
Here are some goodbye quotes if you are truly heartbroken and want to show it.
1. “I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain, now the day bleeds Into nightfall and you’re not here to get me through it all. I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug. I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.”– Lewis Capaldi
2. “Counting days since my love up and got lost on me and every breath that I’ve been taking since you left feels like a waste on me. I’ve been holding onto hope that you’ll come back when you can find some peace. ‘Cause every word that I’ve heard spoken since you left feels like a hollow street”– Lewis Capaldi
3. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you… then you’re going to hate yourself for letting me go. ”— Aubrey Drake Graham
4. “The scariest thing is that we didn’t even have to be together for you to break my heart.”— Unknown
5. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.”— Edna St. Vincent Millay
6. “We stood, holding each other’s faces, memorizing every last detail. I was desperate with my own need to capture this last, lingering moment, desperate to forget the horrible sink at the pit of my stomach telling me all this would be lost forever once they pulled the chip out. Please don’t let me forget.”― Heather Anastasiu, Glitch
7. “It’s important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise, you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse. That bungled goodbye hurts me to this day.”― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
8. “No whim of fate, no Freudian trauma, no loss of a loved one will be as devastating to the human spirit as some prolonged ambivalent relationship that leaves us forever unable to say goodbye.”― George E. Vaillant, Adaptation to Life
9. “Sadness and pain are not the hardest parts about losing someone you love. Saying goodbye is the hardest part. Saying goodbye means you must let go of them and the memories you shared if you want to move on without them. That’s what makes it the hardest, most frightening part.”― Imania Margria
10. “You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.”— Stelle Atwater
11. “I will never love another. Not like I loved you. I just don’t have the love for it again.”— Atticus
12. “Sometimes you have to deprive someone of the pleasure of being with you so that they can realize how much they need you in their lives.”— Osayi Osar-Emokpae, Because You Deserve Love
13. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.”— Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis
14. “Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.”— Maggi Richard
15. “I wish I could hurt you the way you hurt me. But I know that if I had the chance, I wouldn’t do it.”— Unknown
How Do You Make Boyfriend Cry in Goodbye Messages?
I know you wouldn’t want to hurt your boyfriend even if he hurt you. However, it’s not bad to make him feel how you feel or make him cry the way you do.
- I let my guard down and let you shatter all my walls when I had them up for so long. You were my healing and my light. I don’t know if I regret that or if I am okay with all the memories you gave me; I will never know. I don’t know how to get through this all because I used to fall in your arms when I felt depressed, and now they are not here anymore.
- I wanted you to let me down slowly, but you just cut me out like vines. You threw me away from your life like I meant nothing to you. All I asked was for a little sympathy from you. Now, what’s done is done, and I wish you the best of luck in life.
- They say that you never know the value of time until it becomes a memory. I don’t know if it will ever be true for you, but I hope you realize what you lost when you decided to push me away from your life completely.
- You are someone I wish was here, but you are not. I feel lost without you, and I remember there was a time I wasn’t because you were with me. Your memories torture me, and I hope someday they fade away as you did from my life.
- I was there in the worst moments of your life. I caught you whenever you were falling, but now you went so far away from me that I find it impossible to hold you again. I did everything for you, but all you did was take advantage of me. I will still forgive you for everything as long as you realize what you have done and never do it with someone else. Take care.
I hope you never feel the need to say a sad goodbye to someone you love, but if you have to, my list will help you say it and get closure after it. If you have some goodbye message suggestions, don’t be shy and drop them in the comments. Let’s see what your heart holds.