How many times have you decided to keep quiet because you could not find the words? Maybe it was because you thought that whatever you had to say wasn’t interesting enough. Did you ever feel like that you were not memorable enough?
Allow me to help you quash those doubts about yourself. You are memorable and interesting. It’s just that you have not found your voice yet. We would guess that you find it difficult to think about interesting facts about yourself when put on the spot.
When you are meeting someone for the first time, you ought to leave a mark on them. To do that, you would need to present facts about yourself as a way of introduction. The art of keeping a conversation flowing smoothly is to speak periodically but also make an impact.
In this article
How to Come up With Interesting Facts
- Do away with doubt and embrace the fact that you are capable of being interesting. Shed the shyness and practice sharing interesting things.
- Jot down the most exciting facts about your life. Fasinating things you have done, place you have visited,..etc
- Think about things you have achieved in life. You might not feel that they are extraordinary but they can inspire someone.
Example of Fun Facts About Me That You Can Use As Template
The facts down below are fun because they can be used in any conversation either it’s the first date or you are trying to make a new friend. I have given you an outline below and you would just need to tailor it slightly to your details. To make matters easier, I have even given examples of the facts.
1. My Most Embarrassing Moment in Life was…
When two people share their embarrassing moments in life, trust forms between them. It is definitely not easy to make yourself vulnerable. You will need guts to share such a moment of your life but it will definitely help you to form a bond.
- The most embarrassing moment of my life was when I fell on the stage the first time I was peforming.
- I was most embarrassed when I had to ask for help from someone that I didn’t particularly like.
2. I am Proud to Be…
This is one fact that you just need to add to. Think about what you are proud of. It could be an achievement, event, skill, personal trait, gender, race, and so much more.
- I am proud to be a woman. Every day I realize how strong my gender is. We tackle misogyny all the time and win.
- I am proud of the shield I won in the marathon that I ran last year. It took a lot of preparation and time but I did it.
3. I Once Went on a Trip…
Who doesn’t like travel stories? The answer is everyone. If you have traveled big time then you can use that.
- I once took a trip around the world. Of course, it wasn’t in 80 days nor did I visit every country. I still visited 15 countries and made 100 friends.
- The best trip I ever took was to this little rented cabin down on the beach. It was with my family and we did every beach-y activity you can think of.
4. I Remember Witnessing…
You will have a lot of room to work with this little nugget. It could be something awe-striking that you witnessed. You could even talk about something gnarly. It depends on you and the type of image you want to create and the experiences you’ve had.
- There was a time I witnessed a shooting star just streaking across the sky. The wish I made on it came true.
- I have the memory of witnessing a cat becoming giving protection to a tiny frog. At least that is what it seemed like to me. It didn’t eat it so there’s that.
5. My Most Proud Moment up Till Now…
With this fact, you will be boasting about yourself a little. It has to be about something that you have done, as in an act. Think hard and long and pick out the best one. It could be a seriously big thing or something small.
- One thing that I have done that I am most proud of was when I coached a homeless guy and helped him get a job.
- The proudest moment of my life was when I did a classic hip-hop routine in front of my crush.
6. The Thing I Do Best Is…
What do you feel that you do better than the rest? It could be anything like cooking some dish better, holding your breath for really long, etc.
- I am best at giving people advice which helps them reach their decision.
- What I do best is crack the funniest and most creative joke in the room.
7. I Am Known for…
Ask yourself, what am I known for among my circle? Is it something that you do? Any physical or personality traits you are known for? You can ask the people around you to help you with this.
- I am known for the double dimples on both my cheeks.
- What I am known for is my art.
8. I Have a Collection of…
Do you or have you collected anything? It doesn’t need to be a huge professional collection. If you find something interesting or important and have procured more than one of it, you collect it.
- I have this mean collection of coins that go back all the way to 900 B.C.
- I collect snowglobes from all over the world.
9. The Person I Admire the Most…
Do you have anyone that you look up to? It could be a celebrity. It could also be someone that you know in real life who is not a favorite person. You can admire them for anything, with no limits.
- One person that I have always admired is my grandmother because of her personality.
- The person I admire the most is Steve Irwin. He was the bravest dude ever.
10. The Most Repulsive I Find Is…
You have all the range in this fact sub-category. We don’t have to like everything all the time. What do you dislike to a great extent? Are you repulsed by any person, animal, smell, etc.?
- When I think of the most repulsive thing, it is a person who lives sloppily.
- The thing I find most repulsive is when people chew with their mouths open.
11. I Have a Knack for…
This needs to be something that you are a natural at. It ought to be any skill that you have had almost no practice for.
- I have a knack for annoying my siblings in the best way possible.
- I have a knack for finding just the right path when I go hiking.
12. My Goal in Life is…
By giving this information to the next person, you will allow them to know how you see your life. It will get them closer to you as they see what you hold important.
- My goal in life is to make people laugh so much that they start rolling around on the floor.
- A goal I hold close is to pet alpacas.
Interesting Facts About Me Examples
You might feel your throat closing up when someone asks you to tell them something interesting about you. The reality is that you are an interesting person but just get a little tongue-tied sometimes.
1. A Secret I’ve Never Told Anyone…
Of course, we understand that you don’t want to go around spilling your guarded secrets to someone you are meeting for the first time. You don’t have to. You just have to tell them something that you have never told anyone else. The key is to make it sound like a big deal that you are sharing. It would also help if the fact is actually interesting.
- Something that I have never told anyone before is that I had webbed toes when I was born. They did surgery to separate them.
- A secret that I have never shared with another soul is that I don’t actually like ice cream.
2. What People Find Most Interesting About Me is…
This is a little ironic because, for this subcategory, you have to think about what others find intriguing about you. You can ask around and compile a list of the answers.
- The one thing that people find interesting about me is that I am ambidexterous.
- The most interesting thing about me, as per people’s opinions, is that I have a photographic memory.
3. My Passion in Life is…
Passions are always fun to talk about. Moreover, it would allow you to open up. It would give the other person a chance to get animated and talk emotionally which is a good deal if you both are on a date.
- My passion is acting. One day, I want to be the biggest star in Hollywood.
- The one thing I am most passionate about is finding out is learning different musical instruments.
4. The Thing I Hate Most in This World is…
Hatred is a strong emotion but it is not always ugly. You could choose to tell something that makes you vulnerable in front of the other person. You could also take the safe route and tell them a general but real thing.
- I hate how this world treats women. Patriarchy is ruining the lives of so many people.
- I hate when I say something but nobody hears it. Then another person says the same thing and gets all the credit for it.
5. The Most Bizzare Dream I Had
If you like the person sitting next to you and wish to have an interesting chat, bring up a bizarre dream of yours. We would advise you to stick to ones that are not weird or horrifying. They should be interesting and shouldn’t freak out the other person.
- I had this crazy dream once that I had the head of a chicken and the body of a horse. Weirder still was that I was consuming chicken nuggets.
- The one bizarre dream I have had is Michael Jackson came back to life and started living with me, rent-free.
6. One Common Thing I Absolutely Can’t Do is…
You don’t always have to brag about yourself to be someone worth talking to. It is a good idea to sometimes admit some tiny flaws of yours. This will show you are genuine and not being fake.
- It might surprise you but I can’t ever do even the most basic math functions in my head.
- One thing that I can’t do is hold my breath.
7. The Craziest Night of My Life was…
Get your notebook ready and write down about the times that you had cray-cray fun. Everyone’s definition of the craziest night/day differs so don’t worry about it not being enough.
- My craziest night was when I was out with my friends till six in the morning and we hit every open restaurant and stuffed ourselves.
- The craziest day I have ever had was when I got to know about this long-lost relative who was shunned from the family and never spoken of to the newer generation.
8. My Biggest Act of Altruism in Life was…
Acts of altruism benefit others and the person who does them have no ulterior motive behind them. Rack your brains and see if you ever did anything nice for someone and didn’t expect anything in return.
- I once gave away all my clothes of the season to this family who had just suffered a lot of loss in a fire.
- I tuition a kid on my block in different subjects throughout the week.
9. The Best People I Have Met…
Tell them about the time when you met someone who really impressed you.
- The best people I met belonged to this mental health community in my area. They help everyone without charging a dime.
- The best person I ever met was this stranger who paid for my entire meal.
10. Once I had to do ___ on a bet
Think of the things that you have done on a bet. The magnitude doesn’t matter.
- On a bet, I once chewed and swallowed a whole Habenero pepper.
- For a bet, I once asked out this person at a mall.
11. The Most Dangerous Thing I Have Ever Done is…
Are you a seeker of thrill and danger? If you aren’t, can you think of anything slightly dangerous that has happened to you?
- I got accidentally electrocuted once.
- A car almost killed me when I was five.
12. The Lamest Thing I have Ever Done…
Humans tend to do a lot of lame things. What is one that you have done?
- I had this phase in life when I would dress like the fictional character I was obsessed with.
- The lamest thing I have ever done is not go on a date to my prom, instead, I hung out with my friends.
Talent Facts About Me Examples
This is where you will shine. Get your braggy pants on because you are going to talk yourself up.
1. My Hidden Talent That Not Many Know About is…
Your hidden talent doesn’t need to be big and wow people. It can be acquired or natural.
- My hidden talent is that I can lick my elbow.
- Most people don’t know it but I sculpt a lot.
2. One Thing I Never Trained for…
It could be something that most other people were trained for. If you’re good at something but you never received training for it, it counts.
- I never got any official training for it but I am a natural at gymnastics.
- I was never trained but I can hit a target an arrow from far away.
3. The Thing I Have Practiced Most for in my life is…
Change tactics and bring up things that you have poured your blood and sweat into.
- Since I was eight, I have been practicing my hand at magic.
- I have spent many nights practicing how to do the floss dance.
4. One Academic Subject I Aced in…
As it is time to glorify yourself, don’t be shy to talk about your grades.
- I always used to get the highest grade in Chemistry.
- A subject that I was on top of was Calculus.
5. The Skills that Earn Me Money are…
This can be about your job. Any other talents or skills through which you earn will come under this.
- I do story writing on the side to earn a little extra cash.
- I frequently sing at different events and get paid handsomely.
6. One Sports that I Always Win
What is the one sport that you have always been good at? It is time to bring it up.
- I am the best football player in my circle.
- There is nobody better at swim races than me.
7. One Game that I Crush
Now comes the turn of games that you are good at. List them down and tell the person of your skills.
- I am in a top guild in Dota 2.
- I always win at backgammon.
8. My Talent at My School’s Talent Show was…
To spark some nostalgia in them, tell them what you did at your school’s talent show.
- I did a dance routine with my friends.
- I amazed the audience with my magic tricks.
9. My Extracurricular Activity at School is…
Bring up what you used to do at school other than studying.
- I used to be in the school band.
- I was involved in the dance committee.
10. The Place I Would Like to Visit…
Tell them of your dream destination and also tackle why you want to go.
- One place I have always wanted to visit is Thailand because of the beaches.
- I want to visit Nepal to view the mountain ranges.
11. The Best Dish I Can Cook…
With this, you will be showing off your cooking skills.
- I am widely known for my pizza.
- The best dish I make is shrimp pasta.
12. One Musical Instrument That I Can Play…
If you have any skill at playing a musical instrument, make sure to slip that in.
- I can play the violin.
- I am a master of ukkele.
Facts About My Life Examples
When meeting someone for the first time, it is okay to sprinkle the conversation about some facts of your life.
1. The Thing I Find Most Magical in Life…
Use the most alluring words that truly capture whatever it is you find magical. What you choose is a personal choice.
- I have always found the Northern Lights to be the most magical thing.
- It is magical to me how the stars align next to each other.
2. The Amount of Travelling I Have Done
Talk about more than just short trips. Include any beautiful place that you have visited.
- I have traveled out of my home country once and it was enough for me.
- I have traveled to 10 countries but I want to do much more.
3. Countries I Have Lived in…
This is where you will share some details about your home town.
- I have always lived in my hometown and never wish to move out of it.
- I have lived in three different states but my favorite is Florida.
4. Workwise I Am…
You can drop information about what you are doing in terms of work.
- I started my new job in finance just a month ago.
- I am about to start my line of clothing.
5. My Usual Day Looks Like
As it is the first time you are meeting them, tell them how you spend your time.
- My routine involves going to work, cooking, working out, and watching television.
- My usual day involves a lot of self-care activities and meeting up with my friends.
6. I Would Like My Future to
Tell them how you see your future. Where do you see yourself?
- I would like my future to be steady and never give me any surprises.
- For my future, I want stability but I don’t want it to be stagnant.
7. I Did My College From
Give the person you are hanging out with details about your undergrad life.
- I did my college at a state university.
- I did my undergrad at an online university.
8. For Vacations I Like to Visit
What do you do on your vacations? If you go anywhere, indulge them with pleasant details.
- I go to a beach resort whenever I am on vacation.
- For my vacations, I visit the mountains and do camping there.
9. I Currently Live With
This will tell them of your housemate (or absence of it) situation. It could be a vital piece of information when you are dating.
- I live at home with my family.
- I live completely alone.
10. My First Job Was
Give them an idea of where you started from. Where did you first work?
- My first job was at a bookstore.
- I got my first job at Gap as a salesperson.
11. I Became Independent at the Age of
Independency is always an attractive trait. Share details of how and when you became truly independent.
- I became independent when I was 21 years old.
- I bought my first apartment at the age of 30 and became independent.
12. My Family Belongs to
Where does your family come from? You can keep it short or go way back into history.
- We currently live in America but my family originally is from the U.K.
- My family belongs to this small town of Wisconsin.
It is hard to produce facts about yourself when suddenly asked but you can practice. If you are really anxious, get a friend to help you in rehearsing the different categories that we discussed. It might take some time but we can assure you that you can do this. If you keep at it, it will not be long before you will be the center of every conversation.
Do share your best fun facts with me too in the comments. They may help someone else too. Also, let me know if you have any tips for interesting conversations.