Sometimes it might seem like nothing is going your way, but you always have to remember that you cannot overcome any obstacle. The most complex battles make the strongest warriors. If you keep believing in yourself, nothing can stop you from achieving what you dream about.
However, sometimes you might not be able to pass a stumbling block. In those cases, there is no need to beat yourself up or believe that you are not strong enough. All you might need is a push towards the right path.
Suppose you face those days where a mental or physical barrier is in front of you, and you cannot pass it. Here are some quotes that might make you feel different and give you the push you need.
Quotes for Strength
You might feel like you lack the strength to overcome adversity in your life; these quotes say otherwise.
1. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.”
— Christopher Reeves
2. “I am more than my scars.”
— Andrew Davidson, The Gargoyle
3. “Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly,
4. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
— Jimmy Dean
5. “Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future.”
— Steve Jobs
6. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
— H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
7.” Strength and courage aren’t always measured in medals and victories. They are measured in the struggles they overcome. The strongest people aren’t always the people who win, but the people who don’t give up when they lose.”
— Ashley Hodgeson
8.” I really believe in the old expression that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. It’s through adversity that you find the strength you never knew you had.”
— Christie Brinkley
9. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.”
— Ernest Hemmingway
10. “There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’ No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.”
— Dalai Lama XIV
11. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find Strength.”
— Marcus Aurelius
12. “Happiness is dependent on self-discipline. We are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness. It is much easier to do battle with society and with others than to fight our own nature.”
— Dennis Prager
Overcoming Obstacles from Personal Experience of Famous People
The names that have made their way in history also had to overcome many obstacles to reach that point in their life. Here are some quotes that will show how they overcame them.
1. “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds”.
— Ana Claudia Antunes
2. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”
— Muhammad Ali
3. “You can’t solve a problem on the same level it was created. You have to rise above it to the next level,”
— Albert Einstein
4. “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.”
— Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
6. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.”
— Bob Marley
7. “People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.”
— George Bernard Shaw
8. “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
— Calvin Coolidge
9. “Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not.”
— Bobby Kennedy
10. “No one can make me feel inferior without my consent.”
— Eleanor Roosevelt
Motivational Quotes to Thrive in Adversity
Your adversities are what make the best of you. Here are some quotes to help you overcome them and make you the person you are meant to be.
1. “Adversity has ever been considered the state in which a man most easily becomes acquainted with himself.”
— Samuel Jackson
2. “There are uses to adversity, and they don’t reveal themselves until tested. Whether it’s a serious illness, financial hardship, or the simple constraint of parents who speak limited English, difficulty can tap unexpected strengths.”
— Sonia Sotomayor
3.” Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.”
— Niccolo Machiavelli
4. “Be grateful for all the obstacles in your life; they have strengthened you as you continue with your journey.”
5. “If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before, don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do, but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more.”
— Joyce Meyer
6. “There are many people in the world who have succeeded in climbing the ladder of achievement. Some of these people have persevered throughout their career having met what appeared insurmountable obstacles yet overcame these challenges to keep moving forward.”
— Byron Pulsifer
7. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
— Michael Jordan
8. “Our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant, and to face the challenge of change.”
— Martin Luther King Jr.
9. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
— Haruki Murakami
10. “Too many of us wait to do the perfect thing, with the result we do nothing. The way to get ahead is to start now. While many of us are waiting until conditions are ‘just right’ before we go ahead, others are stumbling along, fortunately, ignorant of the dangers that beset them. By the time we are, in our superior wisdom, decided to make a start, we discover that those who have gone fearlessly on before have, in their blundering way, traveled a considerable distance. If you start now, you will know a lot next year that you don’t know now and that you will not know next year if you wait.”
— The William Feather Magazine
11. “Man learns through experience, and the spiritual path is full of different kinds of experiences. He will encounter many difficulties and obstacles, and they are the very experiences he needs to encourage and complete the cleansing process.”
— Sai Baba
12. “No difficulty can discourage, no obstacle dismay, no trouble dishearten the man who has acquired the art of being alive. Difficulties are but dares of fate, obstacles but hurdles to try his skill, troubles but bitter tonics to give him Strength, and he rises higher and looms greater after each encounter with adversity.”
— Ella Wheeler Wilcox
You might be stuck in an endless loop of failure for now, but know that it will not last forever. You have the strength to power through it, and only you can make yourself believe that. If you have more quotes for overcoming obstacles, do let me know in the comments.